Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Blue Mountain Center of Meditation -- "to teach his eight-point program of passage meditation to enable ordinary people to translate their highest ideals into daily living within the context of any religious tradition or none."
- Beliefnet -- "a multi-faith e-community designed to help you meet your own religious and spiritual needs -- in an interesting, captivating and engaging way.... We are independent. We are not affiliated with a particular religion or spiritual movement. We are not out to convert you to a particular approach, but rather to help you find your own. Fundamental to our mission is a deep respect for a wide variety of faiths and traditions."
- Center for Action and Contemplation -- "a training/formation center that would serve as a place of discernment and growth for activists and those interested in social service ministries. There they would come, be still, and learn how to integrate a contemplative lifestyle and compassionate service. They would live a social spirituality. This center would serve a dual purpose as not only a radical voice for peaceful, non-violent social change but also as a forum for renewal and encouragement for the seeking individual who sought direction from and understanding of God's will and love."
- Center for Partnership Studies -- "to restore our Earth and renew our communities [with] social and economic inventions based on partnership."
- Community of Mindful Living -- "provides support for individuals and meditation groups (Sanghas) worldwide who wish to practice in the Thich Nhat Hanh tradition. CML assists with the organization of retreats offered by Thich Nhat Hanh and lay teachers in his tradition in the United States and Canada. CML also develops programs of social engagement in the United States to help create a culture of transformation and awakening while also experimenting with skillful means by cultivating a mindful workplace."
- Contemplative Outreach -- "a spiritual network of individuals and small faith communities committed to living the contemplative dimension of the Gospel in everyday life through the practice of Centering Prayer"
- DharmaNet International-- DharmaNet's Gateways to Buddhism is an online clearinghouse for Buddhist study and practice resources. It is home to Dharmanet's own in-house databases and collections, as well as providing links to all online Buddhist resources, large and small. This public service is coordinated by DharmaNet International and is funded entirely through donations. DharmaNet offers this www/ftp site freely in hopes of helping Buddhists and other interested individuals around the globe to find Dhamma teachings and teachers, to help support Dhamma centers in all traditions, to promote dialogue and communication, and to help build a vital and cooperative online Buddhist community.
- Insight Meditation Society -- "a nonprofit organization to uphold the possibility of liberation for all beings. Its Buddhist meditation retreats provide spiritual refuge, allowing the in-depth exploration of freedom from the sufferings of mind and heart."
- Meditation in Action-- "information on the basic theory of vipassana meditation, also known as mindfulness or insight meditation. Here you will find how vipassana can be applied to many practical issues as well as how it relates to other meditation practices such as Christian contemplation. Originally derived from the Theravada school of Buddhism, vipassana can be practiced by followers of any (or no) religion as a useful mental skill set. Removed from its cultural and doctrinal trappings, vipassana meditation (usually under the name mindfulness) is finding clinical application in the fields of pain management, stress management, compulsions and as an adjunct to psychotherapy. The material on this site is the work of Shinzen Young, a teacher of vipassana meditation and founder of Vipassana Support International."
- SojoCircles -- "bi-weekly or monthly study circles provide an alternative forum for people to discuss issues of politics, faith, and culture that arise from Sojourners magazine, SojoMail, and the Sojourners resources."
- Spirit in Motion -- "supporting the integration of spirit and health on an individual, organizational and community level, to create a stronger, more sustainable movement for social justice."
- Wisdom University -- "dedicated to the explicit study of and training in the wisdom arts."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on October 26, 2009, at 12:10 PM