Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America -- "gathers, equips and mobilizes Baptists to build a culture of peace rooted in justice. We labour with a wonderful array of peacemakers to change the world."
- Clergy and Laity Network -- "We seek a new commitment to active participation in the political processes of our nation by those members of religious communities who hold views larger than sectarian interests or narrow ideologies and who serve, beyond private advantage and any claim of spiritual superiority, the moral vision of the common good."
- Disciples Peace Fellowship -- "the oldest peace organization of its type in any denomination. DPF is an independent organization within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) that promotes peace and justice by sending peace interns to church camps, publishing a quarterly newsletter, sponsoring General Assembly events, providing peace-related congregational resources, and taking action on specific peace and justice causes."
- DriveDemocracy.org -- "Leaders of the progressive religious community are traveling America, speaking out against immoral and inhumane national policies which widen the gap between rich and poor and feed the military and the unjustified occupation of Iraq at the expense of the poor and middle class at home."
- Episcopal Peace Fellowship -- "to pray, study, and work for peace, and to renounce, so far as possible, participation in war, militarism, and all other forms of violence. In fellowship with others of like mind, I will work to discover and create alternatives to violence and to build a culture of peace. As a member of the holy catholic church, I urge the Episcopal Church in accordance with our baptismal vows, "to renounce the evil powers of this world which corrupt and destroy the creatures of God" and to wage peace across all boundaries, calling upon people everywhere to repent, to forgive, and to love."
- Interfaith Alliance -- "Our 150,000 members are from more than 70 faith traditions and people of good will united to: Promote democratic values, Defend religious liberty, Challenge hatred and religious bigotry and Reinvigorate informed civic participation."
- Methodist Federation for Social Action -- "works primarily through the ministries of the United Methodist Church, supporting and augmenting peace and justice ministries at the local, conference, and national levels. As an independent organization, we call our church to expand its understanding of the radical call of the Gospel to be the inclusive, justice-seeking, risk-taking Body of Christ."
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC) -- "the hub of Jewish social justice and legislative activity in the nation's capital for over 40 years."
- Sojourners -- "a Christian ministry whose mission is to proclaim and practice the biblical call to integrate spiritual renewal and social justice." Publishes Sojourners magazine.
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on May 01, 2009, at 12:01 PM