Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Buy Nothing Day -- "For 24 hours, millions of people around the world do not participate -- in the doomsday economy, the marketing mind-games, and the frantic consumer-binge that's become our culture. We pause. We make a small choice not to shop. We shrink our footprint and gain some calm. Together we say to Exxon, Nike, Coke and the rest: enough is enough. And we help build this movement to rethink our unsustainable course."
- Food Research and Action Center's Anniversary Benefit Dinner -- "proceeds from the dinner will benefit FRAC's Campaign to End Childhood Hunger, a national effort to educate the public on the extent of hunger among children and to promote anti-hunger initiatives."
- Green Festivals -- "a movement building event.... to diffuse an economic model based on life affirming values, an economy built on human rights, equity, art and an understanding that all life is interconnected and interdependent. The most important outcome of these events for us is to get more people involved in the green economy movement."
- Institute for Women's Policy Research Annual International Women’s Policy Research Conference -- "centers on the reality that investing in women’s status globally is important not only for women themselves but is critical to the economic and social well-being of entire communities, institutions, and nations."
- International Association for Feminist Economics Annual Conference -- "Attendees will have the opportunity to attend mentoring workshops, plenary sessions, regional dinners to network with members and participants from your geographic region."
- URPE Summer Conference. "Each August, Union for Radical Political Economics members and their families hold a 4-day workshop/retreat in an attractive rural setting. Papers and workshops, formal and informal, are presented. Ample time for leisure and social activities is built into the program: the site has swimming, boating and hiking available."
NOTE: For a list of current political events, see Moving Ideas' Events section.
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.