Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Community-wealth.org -- "Our goal is to provide you with the web's most comprehensive and up-to-date information resource on state-of-the-art strategies for democratic, community-based economic development. The resources offered here include directories, breaking news, publications, and conference information, as well as cutting-edge initiatives from cities, states, community development corporations, employee-owned firms, land trusts, non-profit organizations, co-ops, universities, and much more."
- The Baseline Scenario -- “One of the most informative news sites in the blogosphere.” — Bill Moyers. “A must read.” — Paul Krugman. “A terrific primer on the financial crisis.” — Arianna Huffington. “Essential reading for crisis buffs.” — Justin Fox, Time Magazine. "The Baseline Scenario is dedicated to explaining some of the key issues in the global economy and developing concrete policy proposals. Since it was launched in September 2008, this blog has been cited by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal (Real Time Economics), The Economist (Free Exchange), The Financial Times, Time Magazine, NPR (Planet Money), and many other sites around the Internet. The authors of the blog have also published articles in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, The Atlantic, and the online editions of The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, The Economist, The New Republic, The Guardian, Forbes, Bloomberg, and Reuters. The blog was the subject of an interview with Simon Johnson in The Wall Street Journal and an article in Economic Principals. Content from The Baseline Scenario is currently republished by Seeking Alpha, Talking Points Memo Cafe, RGE Monitor, and Vox."
- Capital Ownership Group -- "develops positive responses to globalization - focusing on employee ownership best practices and strategies internationally."
- Citizens Trade Campaign (CTC) -- "a national coalition of environmental, labor, consumer, family farm, religious, and other civil society groups founded in 1992 during the fight over the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). We are united in a common belief that international trade and investment are not ends unto themselves, but instead must be viewed as a means for achieving other societal goals such as economic justice, human rights, healthy communities, and a sound environment. The rules which govern the global economy must reflect the views and needs of the majority of the world's people on issues such as jobs, wages, the environment, human rights, food and consumer safety, access to essential services, and public health. CTC is a leading advocacy vehicle to fight for international trade policy that is not tilted in favor of the interests of multinational corporations and against the interests of the majority of the world's people."
- Consumer Federation of America -- "has provided consumers a well-reasoned and articulate voice in decisions that affect their lives. Day in and out, CFA's professional staff gathers facts, analyzes issues, and disseminates information to the public, policymakers, and rest of the consumer movement."
- Dollars and Sense -- "to challenge the mainstream media's account of how the U.S. economy works by publishing popularly written, critical articles in an accessible format."
- Economic Policy Institute -- "to provide high-quality research and education in order to promote a prosperous, fair, and sustainable economy.... stresses real world analysis and a concern for the living standards of working people, and it makes its findings accessible to the general public, the media, and policy makers."
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- International Forum on Globalization
- National Family Farm Coalition -- "a voice for grassroots groups on farm, food, trade and rural economic issues to ensure fair prices for family farmers, safe and healthy food, and vibrant, environmentally sound rural communities here and around the world."
- Natural Capitalism Group -- "Enabling Natural Capitalism to become a central organizing principle of business and society around the world by providing tools for businesses and communities to reorient themselves towards a future that is both socially and environmentally sustainable and also more economically successful."
- Oxfam -- "a development, relief, and campaigning organization that works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering around the world."
- Redefining Progress
- rightreality.com -- website for David Batstone, business consultant and author of Saving the Corporate Soul: 8 Principles for Creating and Preserving Wealth for You and Your Company without Selling Out.
- Take Back Your Time -- "a major U.S./Canadian initiative to challenge the epidemic of overwork, over-scheduling and time famine that now threatens our health, our families and relationships, our communities and our environment."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on May 05, 2009, at 12:03 PM