Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Benton Foundation -- "to articulate a public interest vision for the digital age and to demonstrate the value of communications for solving social problems. Current priorities include: promoting a vision and policy alternatives for the digital age in which the benefit to the public is paramount; raising awareness among funders and nonprofits on their stake in critical policy issues; enabling communities and nonprofits to produce diverse and locally responsive media content."
- Center for Media & Democracy -- "strengthens participatory democracy by investigating and exposing public relations spin and propaganda, and by promoting media literacy and citizen journalism, media "of, by and for the people." Our programs include PR Watch by CMD staff; ; the Weekly Spin listserv; and, Congresspedia and SourceWatch, part of our wiki-based investigative journalism collaborative to which anyone, including you, can contribute.
- Independent Press Association -- "to amplify the power of independent publications so as to foster a more just, open and democratic society. The IPA provides technical assistance, access to capital, and newsstand distribution services to over 500 member publications nationwide."
- Media Access Project -- "public interest telecommunications law firm which promotes the public's First Amendment right to hear and be heard on the electronic media of today and tomorrow."
- Media Matters for America -- "dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."
- National Alliance for Media Arts and Culture -- "a national association of non-profit organizations and individuals committed to furthering the media arts: film, video, audio and digital."
- Project Censored -- "a media research group out of Sonoma State University which tracks the news published in independent journals and newsletters. From these, Project Censored compiles an annual list of 25 news stories of social significance that have been overlooked, under-reported or self-censored by the country's major national news media."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on January 23, 2007, at 04:37 PM