Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- The Progressives' Handbook Action Center
- Alliance for Justice -- Training and publications on: Nonprofit Advocacy; Foundation Advocacy; Judicial Selection; Student Advocacy. (Also listed in Select Catalog/Community/Activist Organizations, Select Catalog/Government/Internships, and Select Catalog/Government/Activist Organizations).
- Action Tools and Resources -- "fact sheets, training guides, web sites and advocacy organizations that can explain the legislative process, link you up with federal and state legislation and offer assistance to new and experienced advocates."
- Citizen Works Toolbox -- "information suited for student/campus, neighborhood-based campaigns, and city/state/national/international issues. This material is a culmination of organizing information from various sources."
- Data Center -- "to provide social justice advocates, especially the poor and people of color, access to strategic information, analysis, and research skills that will help them conduct more effective campaigns."
- GetActive -- provides "online technology solutions that help organizations recruit, engage, and retain constituents."
- National Organizers Alliance -- "founded in 1993 by organizers working across the spectrum of progressive social justicemovements, has a two-fold purpose. NOA's mission is to advance progressive organizing for social, economic and environmental justice and to sustain, supportand nurture the people of all ages who do it. In furtherance of that goal, our members are organizers who are responsible to a defined constituency and who help build that constituency through leadership development, collective action and the development of democratic structures."
- opensecrets.org -- "a non-partisan, non-profit research group based in Washington, D.C. that tracks money in politics, and its effect on elections and public policy."
- Project Vote Smart -- "Project Vote Smart, a citizen's organization, has developed a Voter's Self-Defense system to provide you with the necessary tools to self-govern effectively: abundant, accurate, unbiased and relevant information."
- Rockridge Institute -- "works to reframe the public debate to make a progressive moral vision more persuasive and resonant."
- Wellstone Action -- "a non-profit organization dedicated to continuing Paul and Sheila Wellstone's fight for economic justice and progressive social change."
- Who Rules America - "for students, researchers, and anyone else who wants to know more about what social scientists have to say about power and power structure research."
- WorldChanging: Politics - "Progressing Toward a Free and Fair World -- Communications / Networking & Activism / Citizen Media / Transparency and Human Rights / Nonviolence."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on February 01, 2010, at 10:51 AM