Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- BushSecrecy.org/ -- "documenting, on an ongoing basis, the Bush Administration's efforts to draw a cloak of secrecy over the operations of government; by informing the public of the efforts of those who are attempting to contest the government's secrecy initiatives; and, we hope, by stimulating public interest in secrecy issues and rallying public support for the kind of open government that is consistent with the best traditions of our republic."
- Coalition of Journalists for Open Government -- "to provide timely information on freedom of information issues and on what journalism organizations are doing to foster greater transparency in government."
- Cryptome -- a collection of new official and unofficial government documents.
- FAS Project on Government Secrecy -- "through research, advocacy, and public education..., works to challenge excessive government secrecy and to promote public oversight."
- InsideDefense.com --"for defense and aerospace professionals...a multifaceted new service featuring thousands of articles and documents, daily news and special reports."
- Making a Freedom of Information Act Request
- Memory Hole -- collects and publishes elusive records and documents that have been withdrawn from the public domain.
- National Security Archive -- "a research institute on international affairs, a library and archive of declassified U.S. documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, a public interest law firm defending and expanding public access to government information through the FOIA, and an indexer and publisher of the documents...."
- OpenTheGovernment.org -- "seeks to advance the public's right to know and to reduce secrecy in government."
- Nautilus Institute's Global Disclosure Project -- "through publication of hard-to-get information..., aspires to increase government accountability and inform the public on high-level government planning, particularly on issues of Nuclear policy."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on September 26, 2006, at 03:53 PM