Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
Following are key moments in the advance of the progressive movement in the United States. For additional historical entries with political implications, see the other Sections.
- Boston Tea Party -- December 16, 1773
- Publication of Common Sense -- January 10, 1776
- Founding of the Populist Party -- 1889/90
- The Progressive Era -- 1890s-1920s
- Indian Independence Movement -- 1857-1947 (Also listed in Select Catalog/Government/Historical Moments)
- Free Speech Movement -- 1964
- Publication of Unsafe at Any Speed -- 1965
- First public draft card burning to protest the Vietnam War -- October 15, 1965
- Pentagon Papers Trial -- 1971
- South Africa Divestment Movement -- March 10, 1994
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.