Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Alliance for Justice -- "a national association of environmental, civil rights, mental health, women's, children's and consumer advocacy organizations. Since its inception in 1979, the Alliance has worked to advance the cause of justice for all Americans, strengthen the public interest community's ability to influence public policy, and foster the next generation of advocates." (Also listed in Select Catalog/Community/Activist Organizations, Select Catalog/Politics and Government/Internships, and Select Catalog/Politics and Government/Service Organizations).
- American Civil Liberties Union -- "We work daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Our job is to conserve America's original civic values - the Constitution and the Bill of Rights."
- Amnesty International USA -- "to undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote all human rights."
- Campaign for America’s Future -- "challenging the big money corporate agenda ... ... to revitalize a progressive agenda ... to make this economy work for working people once again."
- Center for Voting and Democracy -- "dedicated to fair elections that promote participation and inclusive representation."
- Global Exchange -- "an international human rights organization dedicated to promoting environmental, political and social justice."
- Industrial Areas Foundation -- "creates independent organizations, made up of people from all races and all classes, focused on productive improvements in the public arena."
- League of Women Voters -- "Empowering millions of voters to protect their right to vote; Working to ensure that ALL votes are counted and all voices are heard; Acting as a force for positive change in our communities and in our democracy."
- MoveOn -- working to bring ordinary people back into politics ... a catalyst for a new kind of grassroots involvement, supporting busy but concerned citizens in finding their political voice."
- Progressive Democrats of America -- "committed in word and action, both personally and politically, to justice and democracy at all levels, and to the preservation and restoration of natural ecosystems in America and worldwide."
- United for Peace and Justice -- "a coalition of more than 800 local and national groups throughout the United States who have joined together to oppose our government's policy of permanent warfare and empire-building."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on September 26, 2006, at 03:39 PM