Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Alliance for Childhood -- "new definition of technology literacy and a new approach to helping children develop the wisdom, compassion, courage, and creative energy they will need to face the daunting ethical choices of a high-tech future."
- Child Welfare League of America -- "building public will to ensure safety, permanence, and well-being of children, youth, and their families by advancing public policy, defining and promoting practice excellence and delivering superior membership services. Our vision is that every child will grow up in a safe, loving, and stable family. Our focus is children and youth who may have experienced abuse, neglect, family disruption, or a range of other factors that jeopardize their safety, permanence, or well-being. CWLA also focuses on the families, caregivers, and the communities that care for and support these children."
- Every Child Matters Education Fund -- "focusing public attention on important children’s issues including the prevention of child abuse and neglect, improving the health of low-income children, and finding solutions in child care, early childhood education, after-school programs, and responsible decisions on federal budget and tax issues."
- Foundation for Child Development -- a national, private philanthropy dedicated to the principle that all families should have the social and material resources to raise their children to be healthy, educated and productive members of their communities.
- National Afterschool Association -- "dedicated to the development, education, and care of children and youth during their out-of-school hours."
- National Institute on Out-of-School Time -- "has successfully brought national attention to the importance of children’s out-of-school time, influenced policy, increased standards and professional recognition, and spearheaded community action aimed at improving the availability, quality and viability of programs serving children and youth."
- National Research Center for Women and Families -- dedicated to improving the health and safety of women, children, and families.
- The Finance Project -- To support decision-making that produces and sustains good results for children, families and communities.
- Putting Family First -- "a grassroots, community wide organization, raising awareness about finding balance in our over-scheduled lives."
- USA Child Care -- "aims to effect policies that improve child care for low- and moderate-income families."
- Voices for America’s Children -- "a national organization committed to working at the state and local levels to improve the well-being of children. With member organizations in almost every state, Voices provides a voice for the voiceless – children – in city halls and statehouses across the country."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on November 03, 2009, at 01:34 PM