Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Earth Circles -- Moving from environmental concern to community action. "Earth Circles are designed to help us move from feelings of despair and denial to positive action, using the power we gain from sharing concerns, learning together and acting in community. They are small groups of people who meet together to acknowledge their concerns and fears around climate change and the environmental, social, and economic destruction that may lie ahead, and to support one another in discovering and carrying out effective action, as we shift toward a more sustainable way of life."
- Earth Island Institute -- "develops and supports projects that counteract threats to the biological and cultural diversity that sustain the environment. Through education and activism, these projects promote the conservation, preservation, and restoration of the Earth."
- Environmental Defense Fund--"dedicated to protecting the environmental rights of all people, including future generations. Among these rights are clean air, clean water, healthy food and flourishing ecosystems."
- Friends of the Earth--"defends the environment and champions a healthy and just world."
- Greenpeace USA--"The threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster loom large. Greenpeace is actively working to address these and other threats."
- League of Conservation Voters
- Ocean Conservancy -- "promotes healthy and diverse ocean ecosystems and opposes practices that threaten ocean life and human life. Through research, education, and science-based advocacy, The Ocean Conservancy informs, inspires, and empowers people to speak and act on behalf of the oceans."
- Rainforest Action Network--"campaigns for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life by transforming the global marketplace through grassroots organizing, education and non-violent direct action."
- Sierra Club--"Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet."
- Union of Concerned Scientists -- “a nonprofit partnership of scientists and citizens … to achieve practical environmental solutions.”
- Wilderness Society--"deliver to future generations an unspoiled legacy of wild places, with all the precious values they hold: Biological diversity; clean air and water; towering forests, rushing rivers, and sage-sweet, silent deserts."
- World Wildlife Fund--"directs its conservation efforts toward three global goals: saving endangered species, protecting endangered habitats and addressing global threats such as toxic pollution, over-fishing and climate change. From working to save the giant panda and bringing back the Asian rhino to establishing and helping to manage parks and reserves worldwide."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on October 15, 2009, at 05:17 PM