Computers and Internet
Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
Essays, Articles, and Documents
- Coming to Our Senses, by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Blog Safely (About Work or Anything Else) The Electronic Frontier Foundation has released this how-to guide for bloggers concerned with protecting their privacy and free speech. With the rights of bloggers coming under fire in the courts and media, it's essential that online writers know how to express themselves without risking their careers or social lives.
- A Decade of Online Fundraising Published in the Winter 2004 edition of The Nonprofit Quarterly, this article by Michael Stein and John Kenyon presents readers with an update on the growing role of the Internet for fundraising. Has it met its expectations? Which organizations benefit and which can best use it?
- Internet Usage Statistics for the Americas A useful collection of Internet user statistics and population stats for 51 countries and regions (North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean) which helps shed light on access to technology and digital divide issues.
- Congress Online Project offered by the Congressional Management Foundation has an excellent compilation of data and trends related to the online medium and how they compare to other media such as press, television, etc.
- The Rise of Open-Source Politics, by Micah L. Sifry
- Let There Be Wi-Fi, by Robert McChesney and John Podesta
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on April 06, 2007, at 09:52 PM