Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Center for Democracy and Citizenship -- "develops citizenship initiatives around the concept of public work. Public work is sustained, visible, serious effort by a diverse mix of ordinary people that creates things of lasting civic or public significance."
- Civic Practices Network -- "a collaborative and nonpartisan project dedicated to bringing practical tools for public problem solving into community and institutional settings across America."
- Class Matters - edited by Betsy Leondar-Wright, author of Class Matters: Cross-Class Alliance Building for Middle-Class Activists (New Society Publishers)
- LULAC - League of United Latin American Citizens -- "to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of the United States."
- Millionth Circle Initiative -- " The Millionth Circle depends upon a simple hypothesis: when a critical number of people change how they think and behave, the culture will also, and a new era begins. Meeting in small circles, women changed the face of our culture in the 20th century. Women in small circles grew into the Women's Suffragette movement and women in consciousness-raising groups led to the women's movement of the 1970s. Now, in a time of global interconnection, a millionth circle movement led by women could change planetary consciousness. Each new circle will be one more on the way to the Millionth Circle - a metaphor for the tipping point that ushers in a new egalitarian paradigm."
- Russell Sage Foundation -- "the principal American foundation devoted exclusively to research in the social sciences."
- The Communitarian Network -- "For Individual Rights and Social Responsibility ... a coalition of indviduals and organizations who have come together to shore up the social, moral, and political environment."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on February 12, 2007, at 05:02 PM