Arts and Culture
Intro | Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-Makers | History
- Art in the Public Interest (API) -- "a nonprofit organization that supports the belief that the arts are an integral part of a healthy culture, and that community-based arts provide significant value both to communities and artists."
- Campaign For A Commercial-Free Childhood -- "a national coalition of health care professionals, educators, advocacy groups and concerned parents who counter the harmful effects of marketing to children through action, advocacy, education, research, and collaboration. We support the rights of children to grow up – and the rights of parents to raise them – without being undermined by rampant consumerism."
- Center for Arts and Culture -- "aims to inform and improve policy decisions that affect cultural life. The guiding principles of that mission include freedom of imagination, inquiry and expression, as well as freedom of opportunity for all to participate in a vital and diverse culture."
- Commercial Alert -- "to keep the commercial culture within its proper sphere, and to prevent it from exploiting children and subverting the higher values of family, community, environmental integrity and democracy."
- PEN American Center -- "the largest of nearly 130 Centers worldwide that compose International PEN, a fellowship of writers working for more than eighty years to advance literature, to promote a culture of reading, and to defend free expression."
Comments: To give feedback or make a suggestion concerning this page, click here.
Page last modified on February 12, 2007, at 05:58 PM