Open Catalog: Health
Service | Activist | Advocacy | Books | Essays | Quotes | Events | Internships | Opinion-makers | History
- (ACT) Breast Cancer Action -- "carries the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the changes necessary to end the breast cancer epidemic."
- (BCF) Breast Cancer Fund-- The Breast Cancer Fund believes that most breast cancer can be prevented, and has adopted the bold mission to eliminate the environmental causes of the disease. Through public education, policy initiatives, outdoor challenges and other innovative campaigns, the Breast Cancer Fund mobilizes the public to secure the changes needed to stop this devastating epidemic. Breast Cancer Fund, 1388 Sutter Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94109-5400 415-346-8223 FAX: 415-346-2975 email@example.com
- (ADV) Breast Cancer Site -- helps to offer free mammograms to underprivileged women and fights to prevent breast cancer deaths.
- (ACT) Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids -- fighting to free America's youth from tobacco and to create a healthier environment.
- (SER) Centre for Integrated Healing -- "a non-profit society funded largely by private donations, provides an integrated complementary cancer care program for people with cancer and their families. The Centre was created to encourage a holistic, healing approach to cancer care, including healthful self-care, healthful nutrition, vitamins, supplements and an introduction to the foundations of healing. Personal choice and autonomy are encouraged, supported and honored and participants are encouraged to play an active role in their own treatment choices and recovery program."
Page last modified on March 15, 2006, at 03:29 PM